Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Berlin: Graffiti and Hooch


Two items of note here:

First, the art on the left - not amazing but much cooler than the stuff on the preserved Berlin Wall. The shabby graffiti in the foreground, sadly, much more common. Berlin has to be one of the most graffiti-covered places your correspondent has ever been, and it ranges the whole gamut from amazing and clever to crappy tags on everything that's bolted down.

On the right - hooches as office space! I guess it's pretty common to use a container/trailer for an office at a construction site. I don't know if I'd seen many double-deckers. I'm almost certain I've never seen a three-story container office building with floor-to-ceiling windows on one side. They should start using these for housing at our Embassy in Kabul.

No comments: