Friday, October 02, 2009

The National Pastime


These two kids looked like they were probably 16, and were hanging out at this mostly deserted train stop, drinking beer and shooting the breeze on a Sunday afternoon. Sounds like an okay day to me. They were speaking Russian, which I don't do, so I asked if I could take their picture in Latvian, while holding up my camera. They shrugged and kept talking while I took their picture so I'm guessing it was a successful communication. After a moment, they said something to me in Russian, and I said the Russian equivalent of "Me no speaky Russian." So that was a less successful communication. Maybe they said "don't you dare put that picture on the internets!" I still mostly like the picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, the remarkable message

Anonymous said...

Bravo, seems to me, is a magnificent phrase