Friday, August 14, 2009

Of the Hill of Crosses, Dramatic Conclusion


As mentioned, the last Sunday of July (yeah, we're behind again) is the feast day of the Hill of Crosses. So there was a big crowd and church guys in purple robes and stuff. My favorite part was the grassy confession field, where they had set up crowd control barriers and a few pairs of folding chairs. Everything I know about Catholicism I learned from TV, wherein the anonymity of confession is a key plot device of many of the Father Dowling Mysteries. But I guess Tom Bosley was lying to me because these looked like totally legit confessions happening out in the middle of a grassy field. Speaking of learning from TV, hopefully nobody dispatched a lip-reader to keep tabs on the sins of the outdoor confessors.

No comments: